06 Oct 2021The Morozov brothers’ collection at the Fondation Louis Vuitton in Paris until 22 February 2022.
An undiscovered part of Portugal or a place of tranquillity and incredible natural beauty. Top 5 things to do.
This time I don’t want to talk about Lisbon or Porto and its attractions, where most tourists go when visiting Portugal, but about the west coast of the Algarve and the village of Aljezur. The nearest airport is Faro, a 1-1.5 hour drive away, but it’s well worth it!
The mountains and valleys, bays and beaches, coastal cliffs, and air all take your breath away and make you happy. Here one is reminded once again of the power of nature’s beauty.
- Spend time on the beach. Incredibly beautiful beaches can be found along the coastline of the Costa Vicentina Natural Park – Praia da Arrifana, Praia do Monte Clérigo and Praia da Amoreira are the most beautiful. Praia da Amoreira is my favourite beach. It’s a place where the river meets the ocean and you can spend time in silence from the noise and wind from the ocean and swim in freshwater or go to a beach surrounded by sand dunes with access to the ocean.
- Live somewhere away from the ocean and tourists to be alone with nature. I suggest Casa Alva, which is 5 minutes by car from Aljezure and 15 minutes from the beaches. This place is a modern, clean and comfortable lodge, each room with its own terrace and roof window to the clear starry sky. With beautiful nature and peaceful surroundings. The hostess is very welcoming and the breakfasts with local pastries and dishes are simply beautiful and taste amazing.
- Enjoy the incredible scenery of the coastline and serpentine scenic mountain trails and mountain biking. I recommend riding between Praia do Monte Clérigo and Praia da Amoreira, where there is an asphalted highway with descents and stairs leading directly to the beach. Incredible views.
- Spend time in the mountains
- Go for a surfing or paragliding lesson, there are many schools and excellent conditions for this.